Thursday, June 13, 2013

Unexpected Gifts



Sometimes there are just surprises in your day..... 
 last week when I got home from travels
 I had a couple of gift packages that had come in the mail....



Art Print from Faith Artist- Amber Skeeters


Lovely card with photo

A gift out of the blue-- 
I had found her shop on Facebook
 and given her just a few words of encouragement as a faith artist....

God must have used those words very powerfully.

Another gift -  this one a book from my friend Sybil MacBeth-
 author of Praying In Color.



A lovely book showing the blessings of living in a 
liturgical year of celebrations.

A book from Paraclete Press that she wanted me to take a look at and see
the wonderful ideas of author Jerusalem Greer.

 Two women in Tennessee,
one I have met, the other not.


It is not a small feat 
to package something,
 find the address,
go to the post office and
 mail a gift.

But, perhaps I find too many excuses
 not to this in my weeks.

It is painting a day
 with sunshine for the recipient.
Humbly offered
and gracefully received.
My thank yous sent.
And my heart still rests in gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.