Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Annie Sloan Wonders

Some how when my girls get married-- 
it means a rearranged house of furniture-
they are given the option to "shop the house"
 to try and find things that help in setting up their own house...
 some things may have their name on it for LATER...
 some things have come into the house after both of my parents died....
 and were meant for them.....
and then some things come back from their first apartments
 as they look for UPGRADES.

oh well... gives me a chance to be on the look out
 for new pieces that work for me too.....

But in the middle of all this we had this dilemma.....
 a small first married apartment that lives large 
with soaring living room ceilings 
but is SMALL in the bedroom 
once the new King size bed got put in place.

Like very small space
for  any side tables for a lamp,
 a book or even a glass of water.......

Time for some creative thinking here....... 
 I wrote a while back how I just got my first taste of Annie Sloan paint....  
well, the bug is in the house.......
  SO.... 
 this small table has been hiding away in the office ...
 hubbie bought it 30 years ago---
  showing signs of wear for 30 years... 
that I did NOTHING about.... 
but I did like the inlaid pieces on the top..... 
 and guess what ..... 
 measuring the space it FITS beside the bed...... 
 so to pull together a couple of nesting side tables
 stored in the shed (college cast offs) and this small table ----





Used Frog Tape that I got from Miss Mustard Seed 
when I was at the Luckett's Spring Market-
ugh--   can see the scratches really well on this close up.

I know the thing about Annie Sloan is that you don't have to prime--
 but I wanted white to show through in the sanding process-
 so out came white primer sitting in the basement-
two coats

Then 2 coats of Annie Sloan- Paris Grey-








Some light sanding....
Some clear Annie Sloan Wax- some dark Annie Sloan wax and another coat on top of clear.

Some white and gray granite favorites and a stack of books-   I am in LOVE with this table.

And it was in my house long enough to take these photos
 and then it moved to it's new home and place of honor.....




just wishing I had known about Annie Sloan paint 30 years ago..........

and did I tell you this table IS ON LOAN? 
 and I look forward to its return and the next phase of UPGRADE...
oh the nesting tables?  well, I got a before photo but not an after......
  will have to add that when I visit the new apartment the next time.....


 Now I wonder what I can paint around here in Annie Sloan Paris Grey and keep?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.