Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Bible Marginalia- Words of eternal Life

Bible Marginalia Series #115

Following right after the Bread of Life portion is 
a conversation with Jesus 
and his grumbling disciples.
Reminds me that "attitude"-
 even about faith things,
 is not a new concept.
It is often easy for me to challenge
 what I don't understand.
Or what doesn't make sense
 with my limited perspective.
Jesus doesn't pull any punches here 
and tells those gathered
 "that no one can come to me
 unless it is granted him by the Father."


Even Jesus had hard days in ministry.
 After this conversation 
"many of his disciples turned back 
and no longer walked with him."
Jesus asks his disciples-
 "Do you want to go away as well?"
We can usually count on Peter.
Peter says- " Lord, to whom shall we go?
 You have the words of eternal life. 
And we have believed
 and have come to know
 that you are the Holy One of God."

 This is what this two page section
 looks like in my Journaling Bible.
Sometimes I like creating both pages 
with a similar color scheme.
Think that goes back to years
 of scrapbooking layouts.
 This blue paint covers a bit
 more than I like-
 but can still see the words if needed.
 ( Gold Alpha stickers are hard to photograph)
These phrases have drifted
 into my thinking over the past three days.
 I love that about Bible Journaling-
it becomes an imprint in my mind of His WORD.

Supplies:
Alpha stickers
 Small Alphas- $1 Bin Target
Die Cuts
Tim Holz- Chitchat bitty words
Fine point Sharpie pen
 Folk Art Pearl Acrylic paint-Blue Taffeta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.