Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Magnified Gift- Advent 25

Magnified Gift- Advent 25

Jesus came into a world torn by tension
 and turmoil from his very first days.
Suffering and oppression were part of the 
strife of the land.
Yet, in the midst of this insecurity 
and uncertainty Mary said,
"My soul magnifies the Lord
 and my spirit rejoices
 in God my Savior." 
Luke 1:46-47

Mary's response reminds me that
 my Advent response is to magnify 
 the Lord in the middle of the mess-
even when answers are unknown 
and we really don't have certainty
 about many things in life.

Lord, even when you ask of me 
"inconvenient things"-
 let my response be one that 
shines light on this gift 
to magnify 
the greatness of 
a tiny baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.