Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Stillness Gift- Advent 18

Stillness Gift- Advent 18

In a quiet setting with a star-studded black sky-
 it is easier to hear a whisper to our heart.
Perhaps the realization is
dawning about this time of Advent.
We are waiting with expectation-
for something we already have in our lives.


"I am the Lord, and there is no other.
I form light and create darkness,
I make weal and create woe;
I the Lord do all these things."
Isaiah 45:6-7

weal-a sound, healthy, or prosperous state :  well-being

I have well-being all 
the other days of the year 
beyond Christmas.
It rests upon my day.
Even on hard and sad days.
I live each day in a sound,
 prosperous state.
And maybe it is when the world ramps up
 and gets too loud 
that I don't hear that still small voice.
And I panic.
Because it is THEN, I do not hear-
Don't worry my friend, 
I got you, you are mine.

This Nativity was a gift to our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.