Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Bible Marginalia- Keep the Faith




Bible Marginalia  Series- #189
Keep the Faith

2 Timothy 4
Paul is telling the story here 
of some challenging times.
Lonely- when no one came to stand by him.
Reflecting on the priorities for ministry-
Preach the Word.....
be ready...
be patient.... 
fulfill your ministry.

A few years back when we were still
 in parish ministry, 
a lovely Christian woman
 lost her battle with cancer.
Her 4 star general husband 
called me on the phone and said,
"What do I say?  What can I say?
It all sounds so trite anymore."
There were no human words
 that offered much to cover a lifetime
 of walking in faith.
The verses that made sense were:
2 Timothy 4:7-8.
"I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the race, 
I have kept the faith.
Henceforth there is laid up for me
 the crown of righteousness, 
which the Lord, the righteous judge,
will award to me on that DAY,
and not only to me
 but also to all who have loved
 his appearing."
Certainly a fitting layer of His Word 
to lay over the lives of saints 
that we honor today-
All Saint's Day.
May this be our life story message.

 Supplies:
 Colored pencils
Fine-point Sharpie marker
Washi tape
Illustrated Faith- Point it
Illustrated Faith- Wordfetti White
Teresa Collins -Alpha Stickers
Studio 112 alphabet Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.