Saturday, November 11, 2017

Bible Marginalia- Be Merciful

Bible Marginalia Series- #270

Luke 18:13
The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Sometimes it is easy to fall in
  line thinking I am somehow better
 than the next person.
Either by birth, education, 
or accomplishments. 
The story of the Pharisee 
and the tax collector 
sets it out pretty plainly.
A prideful heart does not
 bode well with the Lord.
 I fall so far from the mark.
I cannot meet the demands
 of perfection in any way at all.
I give thanks for such great Good News-
of Gospel grace. 

"God, 
be merciful to me a sinner.
Give me a humble heart in all things.
Let your kindness and mercy 
gently pull me back 
when I move in anyway to exalt myself.
Give me the grace to fall before you as 
you bend my Spirit to your will." Amen.

Supplies:
NIV Noteworthy New Testament
Pat Maier margin
Colored pencils 
Washi tape 
printed doodle card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.