Friday, January 26, 2018

Bible Marginalia- Take Heed

Bible Marginalia Series- #276

Jeremiah 6
Impending Disaster for Jerusalem

A city and people 
that had no regard for God's Word.
They did not listen.
The word of the Lord
 is to them an object of scorn,
 and they take no pleasure in it.
How many times did I move away
 from a love for His Word?
Perhaps I set it aside for other things?

Dear Lord,
Let me take heed to your Word.
Help me to sense 
when I move away from paying attention.
Holy Spirit, bless me with the
gift of hunger for the feast of truth given
as food for our souls.
Amen.

Supplies:
Scrapbook paper
 Floral design cut from a greeting card
Alpha letters
Washi tape
 Colored pencils
Fine-point non-bleeding Sharpie pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.