Monday, February 19, 2018

Bible Journaling- DUST to DUST

Bible Journaling Series-#281

DUST to DUST-
often the start to a Lenten journey
 is revisiting our own mortality.
 We move through our days so quickly -
 often thinking we have it together
 and figured out.
ASH WEDNESDAY brings that 
non-reality forefront and center.
Working in my interleaved Bible
 gives me more space to see
 how things fit together.
I used scrapbook paper that happened
 to be laying around on my desk. 
Black and white works well as a base.
I tore out the image from 
the worship service folder.
Then parts of the hymn.
 I couldn't fit the whole thing on.
But loved the chorus-
hear our penitential cry!
Go- and be Reconciled.
To each other.
To our Heavenly Father.
Lent is about coming back
 and turning away.

Tabs from the $1 bins at Michaels 
with Alpha letters.
AND a die-cut flower- 
reminder that out of this dustness-
Jesus brings hope.
New life waits for followers of Jesus.

Supplies:
Worship service folder
Alpha letters
Scrapbook paper
Washi tape
die-cut flower




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.