Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Bible Marginalia- Overcomer

Bible Marginalia Series- #295

John 16:33

I finished this margin a couple of weeks ago.
Then came the days of all sorts of ups and downs.
Not necessarily things in my own life.
But, LOTS of things in the lives of others.
The INSPIRE Bible has margins ready to color.
That is all I did- and added some washi tape.
In reading this section of Scripture, 
Jesus is trying to help his disciples 
be prepared for his leaving.
They just can't figure out what
 he is hoping to frame for them.
He boils it down to this:
it is gonna be sad 
and bad here
 among the glad.
BUT!
He is the overcomer!
The simple act of coloring this margin
sets the image in my head.
As the days filled with hard news,
the Holy Spirit helped me 
to remember this image.
And I was comforted.
And blessed.
Because I know the overcomer- 
and He knows ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.