Monday, June 4, 2018

Write, Write, Write


ABIDE 

DEEP BREATH
and 
WRITE   WRITE   WRITE     


                         “I write because I don’t know what I think
                                    until I read what I say.”
                                     – Flannery O’Connor

                        Sometimes when I think about blogging, 
                  I am reminded that I often don't see the details 
                  and blessings of my life until I write them down 
                              or dig through the photographs.

                       Oh Lord, let the ABIDE sink into my life.
                            Meditating on these words here:


1 John 4:10-13 (ESV)

10 In this is love, not that we have loved God 
but that he loved us and sent his Son 
to be the propitiation for our sins. 
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, 
we also ought to love one another.
12 No one has ever seen God; 
if we love one another, 
God abides in us and his love
 is perfected in us.

13 By this we know that we 
abide in him and he in us, 
because he has given us of his Spirit.
ABIDE      ABIDE      ABIDE
WRITE    WRITE    WRITE

4 comments:

  1. When I put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard and put down my thoughts, I am often surprised by what comes out. I’ll have a premise and think I know my thoughts but I get surprised in the act of choosing verb tense, adjectives, and adverbs at how my thoughts and feelings really come alive. I can’t begin to count the number of times I have glanced back at my words and have been astonished to see my real concepts springing to life. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is amazing as we construct the inner world to be exposed to the outside world

      Delete
  2. Writing has always been an outlet for me. Once I write things down, I can get past the difficult things and ponder more on the good. There is good everywhere. We only need to search for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.