Monday, January 28, 2019

Doors into Prayer - Paper Bag Journal

 Back in September I led a retreat and met Sherry.
She is a friend of my friend, Pat.
So now we are friends.
Sherry is on a cancer journey right now.
Back in December, Pat and I made 
this Prayer Journal for Sherry
 that gathered the offerings from the retreat
 in a way to revisit them.
Right in a paper bag journal.
So I will share the layouts here- 
in a photo heavy post 
so that you can see them all.
I am not sure just how many paper bags
 we have here since we gave the project to Sherry.
 So this may not have all the 
fundamental documentation for precise instructions-
but hope these photos will help you to get the idea.
 We used a hymn page from a "crafting Hymnal".
Recycled Greeting cards are the basic material
 used with the print out from the retreat.
 Brads secure parts of the paper bag 
to make tuck-in spots.
 Scripture verses create
 "landing spots" for prayer.
 Embellished tags work for adding 
verses and prayer thoughts.
Washi tape is fun to use also.

 You can see here there were at least
 2 regular size lunch bags
 and 2 medium and one small.
These are secured in the center 
with ribbon through punched holes.


  

 Always good to have 
an Eugene Peterson prayer quote. 
 A small envelope works to tuck in 
with washi tape for private journaling.
A place for Sherry's own journaling.
Yes, we just don't know what doors 
we will have to walk through in our earthly journey 
and I pray for healing and recovery for Sherry.
But, most importantly- 
we know she walks with the Lord-
 every step of the way.

I wish I had the time to make one 
of these for each and every one of my friends
 on a cancer journey.
Who might you bless with such a treasured booklet?

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I have been looking for something to make with all the beautiful cards and messages I received last fall. I would have loved a journal like that when I was going through so much. Thanks for sharing something simple and thoughtful for Sherry to treasure.

    One question. Did you have a printout of the prayers you printedfor the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book is Lovely. My prayers go out to Sherry. Creative blessings Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Valerie- these are very fun projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.