Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Worship into the Week- Found

Worship into the Week
 Lectionary C

Luke 15: 1-3,11-32
An interesting section selected for the Gospel.
  The parable of the Lost Sheep,
 but only the first part of the story.
But guess that ties into the lost part
 of the prodigal son.
This whole story has such 
a rich meaning
 for me since reading Henri Nouwen's -
 The Prodigal Son 
and studying the painting by Rembrandt.
                                                             Google image
Most of my life was always focused on the son 
and his extravagant wastefulness, 
 his careless use of funds, and wanton lifestyle.
irresponsible, reckless, self-indulgent
Now I can't read this story without thinking
 about my Heavenly Father's unsparing spending
 of His Son for me.
lavish, bountiful, generous
 One is about taking and one is about giving.
Then pared with a farm upbringing and I always thought-
"that is disgustingly low-life living- with the pigs."
But, it is about the transformational 
gifting and receiving.
The offering of unexpected possibilities 
for me to experience.
 The welcoming outstretched hands of the Father-
 when I have been lost and am FOUND again.
May this be something that I extend
 with grace to others.
Over and over-
rejoicing for the found.
For we have all been lost.

Supplies:
Visual Church Year
visual-church-year-Luke-15  3-31-19
Staples Gel pens
Colored pencils
Junk mail
Sharpie pen
Scrapbook paper







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.