Thursday, March 19, 2020

When you don't see the road ahead...

I have shared this prayer a number of times
 over the years and yet somehow - today....
it is so relevant.
I taped a paper copy to an inside cupboard
 in the kitchen perhaps 20 years ago.

I have read it a 1000 times.

Now this lovely version
 from my friend, Diane, rests on a window sill
 in the kitchen by the table 
where I spend a lot of time.
Gazing into the back yard
watching Spring explode,
time in prayer, 
and doing stuff on my computer.
Today as my eye settled on here once again-
 I breathed this prayer-
read every line.
Then shut my eyes and rested.
"I will not fear, 
for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me
 to face my perils alone."
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.