Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Into the New Year- with Intent

 

This first part of 2021 has been 
to set up some of the practices
that I will continue to use as 
spiritual formation resources in my life.
Here is a photo of the Joy Journal 
that I have set up in a monthly 2 page layout.
The left side has spaces for noting 
one gift a day, a blessing, a gift.
I have done this practice for over 10 years now.
You can see the count on the side of the page
and by the end of January 2021- 
it will be 3558 days of gifts.
I would not remember all of His goodness
 unless I wrote it down.
The right side is what I call-
 Prayers by the Month.
There is a Scripture to pray into the situations
and over the people collected here on this page.
This practice helps me to "Actually Pray"
for the things and people
 I say will pray for in my life.
This free resource is from 
Visual Faith Ministry.
This year I also set up my calendar 
tiny doodles journal for the whole year.
 I use a calendar from Concordia Publishing House
 and then cut it into thirds to fit my Traveler's Notebook.
This has a worked well for me this way now for three years.
 So, I will continue recording a phrase
 or image for each day from my daily devotions.
Any calendar will work and any devotion does also.
I choose 4 colored pencils 
for each month to make it simple.
 The calendars for the year can be downloaded right here:
Once a month I also set up my resources 
for the practice of Worship into the Week-
 using resources from Visual Faith Ministry.
There are half sheets, 
and Bible verses and the new resources
 has a Gelli print and some extra goodies. 
All I need comes right to my mailbox
 for setting up my 3 ring journal.
 I have been doing this practice for over 3 years now
 and it follows the 3 year Lectionary
 and has blessed my Worship life.

So- instead of making all sorts
 of New Year's resolutions- 
I used my time to set up a framework
 for being in the Word
 and recording the journey, 
so the I may tell the story
 of His Faithfulness in 2021.
Would you like to join me?
Print out the resources and come along!
Give the Holy Spirit something to work with!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.