Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Worship into the Week- Epiphany

 

Worship into the Week-
Matthew 2: 1-12
The Visit of the Magi
Epiphany
Rejoiced exceedingly with great JOY.
 Lord, may I see the Star that brings LIGHT.
That I may go there!
Today I have thought about the Magi
 riding camels to Bethlehem.
(me last year in Petra)
John and I thought about following a star 
when we were in Petra last year.
 In our family Zoom worship this past week, 
we talked about camel riding tips.
So on this Epiphany day I will place this sign
 over the doorway to our home.
Epiphany comes from the Greek word- 
epi pha neia
It means appearance, manifestation.
One of the oldest festivals in the Christian world.
When Christ was made 
manifest to the Gentile world.
The blessing is:
Christus Mansionem Benedicat
May Christ Bless this House.
20+ C+ M+ B+ 21
Preferred is to include a cross
 between all of the symbols.
And Lord, may you bless this nation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.