Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rough and Ragged Days



Seems like the gray days lately have brought a heaviness... 
 the hard news in families I love,
 heartache and loss.

The kind of things that there is no cure for, 
 illness of body and illness of mind.

Times where I hear the lost and lonely and isolated voices-
 it keep us humans always wanting more light, more hope.

Things look like they lean, and are falling apart-
 ears wait and wait for the news that change is coming.

A pastor friend grew up on the farm across from this building.....  he said that this is the old store that was a part of  Poplar Mount Plantation in the 1800's.
The gray patina shows the wear of days here on earth ...
 can't get around that part of living here.  We all eventually show our age.
And these verses speak to me today-

" In my distress I called to the Lord, I cried to my God for help.
 From his temple he heard my voice...
He parted the heavens and came down; 
dark clouds were under his feet... 
He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him.. 
Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced.. 
He shot his arrow and scattered my enemies;
 great bolts of lightning and routed them." 
 Psalm 18:6,9,11-12.14



And the parting of the clouds
 are to remind me- My Lord hears ME.


And their quick advance is to whisper
"You are never far from ME."



And I need not fear when the darkness approaches swiftly.
For You, Lord, work under the cover of darkness.




Give me courage to stand through all gathering darkness.




Be my strength, Lord, when mine fails.



1 comment:

  1. What a perfect pairing of your words and this photo! Thank you so much for your encouraging comment on my scripture and photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.