Sunday, July 21, 2013

Every Time I Remember You



In some quiet reflective moments lately- 
I wonder what I would be talking about with mom
 these days if she were still here with us.........
got a few old photos out.. 
didn't want to mess with frames or much of anything ... 
but wanted to be able to SEE THEM...




Grabbed a wonderful leatherbound book
 that was made as a holder
 of National Geographic magazines
 from the 1930"s
(a dumpster diving story for another time)

added the satin ribbon tie to hold it together
 and set it in the dining room. 
 Just tucked the photos in between the pages--
 couldn't be easier.

Mom as a young girl
 Me as a young girl.

And time gone by.....
but as I remember you......

2 Timothy 1:3-4

 Every time I say your name in prayer—which is practically all the time I give   thanks to God for you, the God I worship with my whole life in the tradition of my ancestors. I miss you a lot, especially when I remember that last tearful good-bye, and I look forward to a joy-packed reunion.





1 comment:

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.