Monday, May 6, 2013

Leaning

A visit back to my growing up home territory
recently allowed me some wonderful time 
to travel some roads of my childhood.

The fence on the Grewe property

One of my favorite Bible verses is the Trust and Lean in this Proverbs verse.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5


Our human look at this gate and we want to repair it, to straighten it out, let it swing free.


I don't know if this gate works
 and swings open and shut anymore,
it leans pretty slant.

This fence was the one I lived behind 
when I "made up" my grown-up home.

The pointed fence stakes 
always had a menacing outline.
Still does today.

I think it has leaned most of the time I remember it.

Perhaps the image is best served
 not to mark the perimeter of some future yard space,
but that this graphic 
degree of  angle,

REMINDS me
of my 
perfect form 
and dependance on
my heavenly Father-
is ALWAYS to lean hard.

And in that imperfection of my own ability,
my own gifts,
my own will,
I move to the nestled spot
by my Jesus.

And lean.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.