Wednesday, May 22, 2013

When Days Are Challenged to See the Beauty


A heavy heart seeing the devastation of the Oklahoma tornadoes.
Nothing makes sense in such a loss. 
There is no way to allow for such a sudden traumatic change.















And yet we trust in a God
 who does not leave us desolate and isolated in the dark days.

And in a reading I stumbled upon today-
 in Praying the Psalms by Eugene Peterson-
"Prayer thrives on contrasts. Destructive storms
 and devouring lions spar with God's steadfast love and faithfulness.
  There is no contest. 
The harsh noises of destruction
 (storms and lions)
 give way to the sounds of praise."

"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
 for in you my soul takes refuge:
in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,
 until the destroying storms pass by."
 Psalm 57:1




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.