I have not ever taken photos of actually making a project and I had started putting together a new wreath design and then stopped myself.. and said-- Ok---- how about at least trying it?
We had used a bundle of 10 pieces of yarn and fibers strung together and clipped with torn fabric strips. The fibers were mostly creams, whites and a piece of jute string added. We were going for texture and varied sizes of fibers. We had used these as the edging of the buffet table.... enough to go around the perimeter of 2 -12' tables... so some long yardage...... actually was 2 pieces so that made it a little easier to handle. Then just wrap the wreath with the fibers.........and the problem of the prickly grapevine "hairs"...... so I stuffed the whole bunch into a plastic bag and then could easily move the bundle and wrap the wreath........
|A little wildness is ok and just keep it so it doesn't look too perfect|
|Tied a simple bow from a finished edge burlap ribbon- ( purchased at Michael's) with hanging streamers ties about 18 inches in length. I prefer dimensional rather than flat wreaths- just pulled pieces through the fibers to keep in place. Then secured it with florist wire at the bow position|
|Fluff the bow a bit|
|Added new spaghnum moss to a small nest with eggs---|
It has been a part of MANY projects_
Attached with florist wire
|Had purchased these unfinished balsa wood |
crosses at Michael's last year
and just added some Paint Dabbers
in Brown, then with a little burnished gold on top
|Was going for subtle on this wreath- not bold stand out Spring colors but|
wanted the 3 crosses to be there as a Lenten reminder of the Gift--
and something that crossed seasonal decorating