Saturday, June 30, 2018

My $60 Cup of Coffee - Part 2

I have debated about 
whether to finish this story.
Part of it seems so trivial.
Yet, part of it is such a blessing.
That $60 cup of coffee. 
Well, I write these posts mainly for my family.
Recorded testimony of God's faithfulness.
So, when I am at my local grocery store,
 I am taken aback to run into 
an acquaintance who says--
"loved the coffee cup story."
And then another who is an Instagram follower-
"loved that you got another coffee mug from CPH."
So that part is the blessing.
A few days later- after posting the spilled coffee,
broken cup incidence,
Elizabeth Pittman sent me a brand new mug.
Carefully protected in heavy foam in a heavy box.
What a wonderful surprise.
Something in my little world noticed.
So that $60 fee to dry clean the drapes?
Well, it did cost me $60, but the stain didn't budge.
There is some clause in the Dry cleaners Bible...
And they are now 3 inches shorter 
than the undry-cleaned, unstained other panel.
Do I get new drapes?
Take the one left to have dry-cleaned,
 for $30 more,
 so then they are the same length?
See my dilemma?
But, what does it matter?
The birds don't care about the coffee-stained
 lining seen on the outside of the window.
They still cover the window and lend privacy.
They still help to keep the 
sun out in the lower level.
Is it just my own need for perfection?
Who really cares- except me?
 So, I have been mulling 
this over for a couple weeks.
And they will stay as is.
A reminder of a story....
A reminder of my own imperfectness.
A reminder of how much my God loves me.
That's just what He does- collects the imperfect.
He sent the perfect one 
to perfect some very Imperfect people. 
A reminder that one person's move
 to bless me with a mug-
made all the difference in a frustrating situation.
A reminder to be a blessing.
And if you stop by for a visit- 
I'll show you my imperfect drapes-
with a smile.
It's a sign of life.
If you didn't read the first part of the story-
 here it is:
my-60-cup-of-coffee

"Every priest goes to work at the altar each day, offers the same old sacrifices year in, year out, and never makes a dent in the sin problem. As a priest, Christ made a single sacrifice for sins, and that was it! Then he sat down right beside God and waited for his enemies to cave in. It was a perfect sacrifice by a perfect person to perfect some very imperfect people. By that single offering, he did everything that needed to be done for everyone who takes part in the purifying process. The Holy Spirit confirms this: This new plan I’m making with Israel isn’t going to be written on paper, isn’t going to be chiseled in stone; This time “I’m writing out the plan in them, carving it on the lining of their hearts.” He concludes, I’ll forever wipe the slate clean of their sins. Once sins are taken care of for good, there’s no longer any need to offer sacrifices for them."
Hebrew 10:11-18- The message




1 comment:

  1. You find a lesson for us in every situation. While I don't often comment, I do look forward to the next installment. God blesses us through you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.