Thursday, June 14, 2018

Enduring Word Bible- REVIEW

Enduring Word Bible- #1

I have had my new Enduring Word Bible
 for a couple of weeks.
It is always difficult to know where to start,
so I did a blind open and that was the page.
 Reading John 14: 1-14
 A great place to start a new Bible.
Jesus- the Way, the Truth and the Life.
There is so much here-
think I could journal every line.
v.1 don't have a troubled heart 
v. 2 preparing a mansion for me
v.3 Jesus will come again
v.9 who has seen Jesus has seen the Father
v. 13 whatever you ask in my (Jesus) name I will do

So this new Bible is from 
Concordia Publishing House.
The words of Jesus are red letter.
It has a lay-flat spine.
It has black letter text 
on creamy white pages.
 The font is 9.55.
It has 350 margins with images 
and lettering to get you started.
The translation is English Standard Version.
The margins are 2 inch.
It is single-column,
with a presentation page for gift-giving.
It has a ribbon page marker.
The edges are beautifully decorated with blue swirls.
 I was blessed to write the 
Introduction for this new Bible.
Three of the artists who did the 
margin work are members 
of the Visual Faith Ministry team:
 Andrea Kilpatrick,
Pat Maier,
Jamie Truwe
Jeff Carnehl is a Lutheran Art teacher.
I believe it will be a lovely journey in this new Bible.
I give thanks for the new resource
 for the Visual Faith Communities.
I plan to continue the numbered series
 in my other Bibles,
but will start a new numbering 
for the pages of this Bible.
the-enduring-word-bible
Supplies:
Colored pencils 
Fine-point Sharpie non-bleeding pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.