Saturday, June 9, 2018

My $60 Cup of Coffee

So, before you judge me-
 that I spent $60 on a cup of coffee - 
here is the story.
So- a couple of days ago,
 I grabbed my normal cup of coffee 
and was walking around the house 
picking up this and that. 
The start of the morning routine 
of putting life back together.
How does it get rearranged
 in the night while I am asleep?
As, I walked downstairs it was dark.
The curtains were closed over the patio door.
They are hung on grommets 
and you just slide them back across the rod.
As I reached up, with coffee in hand,
 there was a brief-second thought-
this rod comes down on the umpteenth time.
Then umpteenth happened.
The rod came down, 
slammed the coffee cup 
out of my hand-
 crashing it to the floor.
 Coffee spilled all over my 
"decent outfit-running errand clothes,"
the floor, the window, 
and the curtain panels.
My only- thing I own that is "Pottery Barn" drapes.
I think I stood there dripping coffee
 for about a minute.
 Took a deep breath.
Exhaled.
Took another deep breath.
Saw the broken handle 
coffee cup on its side.
And read the words-
"The Word of the Lord endures forever."
1 Peter 1:25
And smiled.
And smiled.
Oh, thank Goodness.
So, I changed clothes, 
grabbed the curtains 
and drove to the dry cleaners.
$30 per panel.
$60 to clean.
Hopefully, the curtains as good as new.
Coffee cup still broken.
And clinging to what endures-
 the Word of God.
So, the $60 cup of coffee? 
A reminder for me to do 
one thing at a time.
To slow down busy momma- 
and keep hands free for the task at hand.
It's ok to be intentional 
with each thing we do.
And give thanks,
give thanks.
 It is important to remember 
that all that we engage in here-
 is at best transient.
BUT,
His Word, His Kingdom-
 stands forever.

ps.  this story didn't end here 
because Elizabeth Pittman at CPH 
sent me a new mug.....



1 comment:

  1. Mom—so thankful for your outlook on life. I love how your constant “default” reflects Christ—even when things go differently than planned. I can only hope my faith in Jesus continues to mature to reflect the same. Love you and your passion to share your story 💕

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.