Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lenten Journey Beginnings




The past two years I have used Lenten calendars provided by my friend Sybil MacBeth to focus my Lenten readings and thoughts for each day.....

The small squares have been doable, finite and add to a visual picture of my Lenten Journey...
Here is what the past two years have looked like:







Sybil has graciously provided some more calendar choices at:

prayingincolor.com/lenten-calendar-templates-2013
They can be downloaded and printed from this site.

A pathway version

Hexagon




2013 Lenten calendar
Still deciding what my Lenten Journey will look like.
  Should I try something else beside the calendar format?

This year I will be using the Devotional- 

Good News for All of God's People-




written by Michelle DeRusha- 
a member of Southwood Lutheran Church in Lincoln, Nebraska.
It is a beautifully illustrated Lenten book of devotions.

 It can be downloaded and printed from this site:
michellederusha.com/2013-lent-devotional/

May your Lenten Journey be Blessed.

Let me know if you choose to join
 this Lenten visual journey.

2 comments:

  1. How did you choose the words that you used in each square?

    ReplyDelete
  2. as I read each day's devotional reading I have asked for the Holy Spirit to reveal to me a word to keep "centered" for the day- It has always been amazing there is a word in each day's reading so far, and I know there will be for this year also...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.