Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My God of patience



Visual feasts lately. a bit of an overload of visual senses.
A visit to Las Vegas to a daughter-  
who is soon to leave this home in the land of over the top living...



And transfixed by the work of Dale Chihuly at the Bellagio-







How long?  How long does it take to learn  to make this kind of art?
 How many mistakes till you get it right?
How long to make the work for this ONE installation? 
 How would you ever know that you were on the right track for figuring it out? 
Who finally said- this is IT!  you have got it!


Ah-  I love that my God is long suffering and patient with me.
On my trek to make something "right" in a day.
I'm given His grace-filled reassurance that smiles on my 
haphazard attempts.

The tiny steps forward....

Reading The Fruits of the Spirit by Evelyn Underhill...

and in this section about long-suffering-

"The fruit of the Spirit is never rigorism but always long-suffering.
 No startling high standard.
No all or nothing demands. 
But gentleness and tolerance in spiritual, moral,
 emotional, intellectual judgments or claims. 
No hurry and no exactness.
That is not easy when we are keen,
 and see the work we love imperiled by someone else's fault.
 But God, says St. Paul, is a God of patience.
He works in tranquility
 and tranquility seldom goes into partnership with speed. 
God breaks few records but He always arrives in the end.
One of the best things we can do for souls is to wait and 
one of the worst things is to force the issue."

God's creative action in me-
 the profound 
amount of change this process-
of a new creature.

His "getting it right" in me.

My Yes to this process of transformation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.