Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Strength in the Journey


Isaiah 43
But now, this is what the Lord says—
    he who created you, Jacob,
    he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name;
 you are mine.

When you pass through the waters,

    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.

When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the Lord your God,

    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
Living in these churning up and down days 
with the medical emergency 
for our sweet granddaughter Hadley.
Like the undertow that pulls you out 
as you get slammed with another wave 
and you can't stand up.
When I can't even begin to think of 
"to come" 
because we live right now in just today.
And we pray:

 Dear Jesus,
today I just
 rest my wants and desires right onto 
your heart.
 You already know our hurt.
 You have called, held and continue to hold
 little Hadley in your masterplan.
 Help me to be a helper and
lean hard and be strong.
Let me see the small promises,
and cling to your provision each day.
Bless our family as you always have in the past.
In your name we pray, 
amen.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful <3 Praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post and the photos are stunning. I'm not sure what's happening with Hadley but I pray she will be alright.. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.