Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Pentecost

Just wondering how many times does the celebration for Pentecost connect on Memorial weekend?
 I am sure there is a app for that to find out.... But it was interesting to note the RED for Pentecost in worship as well as the RED, White and Blue flourishes around for Memorial Day...

Red - in the carpet Roses

White Yarrow


Blue Hydrangea   ( and a midge of pink)


But the colors don't stop there in our yard---  the rains have brought on 
a glorious stand of color right now--- think I just would like to share the rest...
The purple clematis
The Stella de Oro Daylillies

Oenothera- Evening Primrose



Acanthus


And on this Memorial Weekend--- I remember-

Growing up in Indiana and going to visit the grave of my grandparents
 near Tipton
 to place a vase of pink and white peonies in a tin coffee can on their graves.

Today would have been the 35th wedding Anniversary for Larry and I- 
if God's plan was for him to live long on this earth.

Two years ago this weekend I flew home to be with my father,
 as he spent his last days bringing to an end his walk here 
to continue his eternal life in heaven.

A Congregation member and dear friend emailed
 to tell us about a tumor-
 scary news as she awaits more testing.

And on this day of memories:

 "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart,
in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
Full of splendor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever.
 He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered;
the Lord is gracious and merciful."
Psalm 111:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.