Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Transition Mode

Some transitions are fine tuned and well planned... 
like the planning of a wedding and all the festivities.  
We enjoyed time in Indiana at nephew
Matt Graft and Brianne Diehl's  July 14 wedding. A documented love story.

Some transitions move along over thirty years- 
like the tender growing and lovely aging of dear friend - Lu Ann - on the left.  
She was the Art teacher and I was the Home Economics and Social Studies teacher in Lagrange County, Indiana. 
Some time to catch up in the beautiful gardens at the home of sister Lee Ann. 




Some transitions have a great story behind them.  
Like when sisters- Jessica and Laura marry guys-
Dan and Joshua- that just happened to be college roommates.

Some transitions are about going back to the starting point.  
A clean and empty apartment in Towson for Sara-- 
like we moved her into two years ago.


And in all the moving along it is easy to feel swept under.........


and in my PAUSE...... I rest a bit

 A reading from Amy Carmichael's  

I Come Quietly to Meet You,,,,,

My Father, something inward tells me I have been living scattered. Sometimes anxious. Restless. Distracted. Wandering inside.

 I fix my eyes upon the cross now- upon the post and crossbeam which became my one bridge back to your side.
 And I lift my eyes beyond the cross, to the One who sits beside you-
 to Jesus, the Risen One!
 My Lord, my brother, with arms outstretched in welcome. Calling to me:
"Come home."
 I come, Father, to hide myself in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.