Sunday, April 7, 2013

Livin' Yellow






Seems like this year we have been craving Spring-  
 and she has been a little bit on the elusive side
But catching glimpses of the brilliant
 yellow hue in my yard right now.




Gathered in company



Forsythia in the Back yard



Bright faces to the Sun





Vintage One Gallon jar with forsythia branches
 Picked up this big jug in NC last week.
Sure wonder what it was made to hold.
Beautiful basket weave design
 on the glass.

Table centerpiece


I think there is something about Spring yellow that 
reminds me about hiding my light-
it is just too bright not to see these blooms.

A gentle nature hint to let God's 
radiant brilliance shine through me-
and reflect unrestricted in the world.

And a verse that calls us out of Winter-
"Your Word is a lamp to my feet 
and a light to my path."
Psalm 119:105

May this bright yellow be a wonderful 
reminder of our lit pathways-
 God's Word.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Connie! I love forsythia because it is one of the earliest blooms in Spring. You also referenced my favorite verse (and song) because it is a constant struggle for me not to hide my lamp under the bed! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.