Saturday, November 1, 2014

All Saint's Day- The Best is Yet to Come






November One Gatherings
 bits of honeysuckle, yarrow, clover,
nandina and crape myrtle leaves

The story of in-between living-
in the middle of here and now-
what is ahead.


This pillow is a favorite gift from a friend-
 I often need visual reminders.




Then the King will say to those at his right hand,
 ‘Come, O blessed of my Father,
 inherit the kingdom prepared for you
from the foundation of the world."
Matthew 25:34

"Heavenly comfort is not comforting at all. 
Heavenly comfort, rather, is truth, 
which blows away human fantasies that we can live forever,
 control everything, or fake our lives before God."

-Sara Miles, City of God: Faith in the Streets

All Saints Day--
 where we live imperfect
under our own strength
 and endeavors or worth.
Where we live as saints- 
because of what Jesus
 has done for each of us.

Sinner and Saint living.
Until our future home-
is ours-
 as promised.
 Pur home- prepared.
For me- sinner AND saint.


The Way, the Truth, and the Life

14 “Let not your heart be troubled;
 you believe in God, believe also in Me.
 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;
 if it were not so, I would have told you. 
I go to prepare a place for you.
 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come again and receive you to Myself;
 that where I am, there you may be also.
 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him,
 “Lord, we do not know where You are going,
 and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.
 No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Favorite iphone App- VRSLY.
More another time.

1 comment:

  1. Just downloaded the app - so neat! Thank you for sharing these words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.