Sunday, April 12, 2015

Prayer- Thomas Merton


Sea of Galilee- Jan 2015

And sometimes my heart
 needs to be stilled-
in this journey here on earth.
And so I pray:


"My Lord God, 
I have no idea where I am going.
 I do not see the road ahead of me. 
I cannot know for certain
 where it will end. 
Nor do I really know myself, 
and the fact that I think
 that I am following
 your will does not mean
 that I am actually doing so.
 But I believe that the desire
 to please you does in fact please you.
 And I hope I have that desire
 in all that I am doing.
 I hope that I will never do
 anything apart from that desire. 
And I know that if I do this you 
will lead me by the right road, 
though I may know nothing about it. 
Therefore will I trust you always, 
though I may seem to be lost
 and in the shadow of death. 
I will not fear, 
for you are ever with me,
 and you will never leave me 
to face my perils alone.”

Thomas Merton


This prayer is printed out 
and taped on the inside
 of a kitchen cabinet door.
 I have loved this prayer
 for a very long time.


This Prayer plank sits on a window sill
 in the kitchen.
Made by my friend Diane Marra- 
of Adore Him Creations.
adore HIM creations


On the road of going...
and knowing
for certain-
 without a doubt-
 He will never leave me.
 Just trusting.....
trusting.

As Spring arrives each year.
I trust in the care of my Savior.
Because each day unfolds in HOPE.


4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for this! Thank you for providing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I never read this prayer before, and I love it. Thanks so much for sharing it.....Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.