Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas 7- Journey Home- Year's End

Bible Marginalia Series- #232
Hebrews 8:12

Remembering our sins no more!
That is a mighty fine way to end the year.
Not that I didn't try to have
 a "better" year this last year.
It is just so very obvious how quickly
 I fail to remember the good choices
 and get swept away by mediocre choices.
Not necessarily bad-
though some certainly fail there,
 but just the same old ordinary things
 that trip me up and cause me to stumble.
Over and over again-
pride,
jealousy,
coveting,
deception,
lying,
boasting.
and
whining.
Well, that lays the groundwork
 for a host of other sin layers.
And then mercy shows up......
BIG BUCKETS of MERCY.
Washed over me like caressing rain.
Carrying off the sloth and gray of sinfulness.
And laying softly a coat of snow white GRACE
gently around my shoulders.
And I get ready to BEGIN AGAIN.
in the CLEAN SLATE club.
Living as a life-time member
 of the "do-over" club.
Fresh calendar,
fresh year,
fresh waiting.
Sins forgotten,
replaced in LOVE.
Gift of the Father-
through His Son Jesus-
by the power of the Holy Spirit-
 in ME.

Supplies:
Colored pencils
Fine-point Sharpie marker


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.