Friday, September 15, 2017

Overcoming Obstacles Series- TWO- Fear


Fear_________________________.
Fill in the blank.
There are multiple answers here.
Obstacles like:
fear of not finishing.
fear of rejection.
fear of doing a poor job.
fear of finding many more folks better qualified.
fear of failure.
fear of "what if I never try."

I think that is what finally got to me.
In the end, would I me more sorry if I failed, 
or sorry that I never tried.
You know when you wait for God 
to confirm the directional path like sky-writing?
And you pray about it.
And talk yourself out of it.
And end up right where you started.
So then what?

There is a helpful piece in a leadership 
mentoring group that I was a part of 
about 10 years ago.

"Choose to do something 
so outrageously challenging
 that you know you can only
 do it with God's help."

And then move aside that fear of failure....
because in the end it is better to 
FAIL BIG
than to 
NEVER TRY.

Some verses that have helped
 in this journey about fear.

Be strong and courageous. 
Do not fear or ben in dread of them,
for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. 
He will not leave you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

It is the Lord who goes before you.
He will be with you;
he will not leave you or forsake you.
Do not fear or be dismayed.
Deuteronomy 31:8
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.