Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Enduring Word Bible- You Shall Rest

Enduring Word Bible-#25

You Shall Rest
Exodus 23:12

My worshipping community 
has been reviewing the topic of 
Working the Sacred in the Ordinary.
The reading for this week was about
Sabbath.
"Six days you shall do your work, 
but on the seventh day you shall rest..."
so that all those around you can rest too.
Oh, I struggle with this.
 I find that when I do take "time off",
I so enjoy a day to play and move 
throughout the hours without an agenda.
It is recreational as well as soul restorative.
It may not be on Sunday-
as that is often a "work day"
 in this season of life.
But, I hunt and chase those hours 
to spend reading and praying 
in the margins of my Bible.
Or reading.
Or catching up with the practices 
that mark and highlight the journey
 and shine the light on God's faithfulness.
So good... because He is good.

Supplies:
Colored pencil
Fine-point Sharpie pen
Washi tape
Chalk pastels
Matte Clear Acrylic sealer- (Plaid)
to seal the chalk





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.