Thursday, April 18, 2019

Maundy Thursday

 Enduring Word Bible- #43

Institution of the Lord's Supper
Mark 14:22-24
The actions-
eat, took, blessed, broke, gave,
thanks, gave, drank.
Poured out for many-
over the days, weeks, months and years until 
He comes again- by and for the faithful.

 Worship into the Week-
John 13:31-35
A New Commandment

To the glory of God,
 that He many be glorified.
I am with you yet a little while.
You will seek me.
You can't come where I am going -yet.
I give you a new commandment-
love one another as I have loved you.
All people will know that you are my disciples,
if you love one another.
John 13:1-20
Jesus Washes the Disciples' Feet

Time to go for Jesus-
he loved them to the end.
Jesus came from God
 and was going back to God.
He prepared and set about
 to wash the feet of his disciples.
Peter balks, Jesus reprimands,
Peter relents.
Jesus knows who will betray him.
I am Teacher and Lord-
but did you SEE what I did?
I have given you an example.
A servant is not greater than the master.
If you know these things,
blessed are you if you do them.
But, the Scripture will be fulfilled.
I tell you this now, before hand,
so when it happens- you will believe me.
You will see ME in those I send.

A servant-leader to the very end.

Supplies:
Printables-
mark-1422-24-bible-margin-by-valerie-matyas
sermon-notes-john-1334-41819-maundy-thursday
Colored pencils
Washi tape
Bulletin cover
Junk mail
Sharpie- Finepoint pen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.