Sunday, October 13, 2019

Enduring Word Bible- Increase our Faith

Enduring Word Bible-#58
Increase our Faith
Luke 17: 5-6

I grew up with a mulberry tree
 along the ditch bank of our farm.
I know I learned about faith 
as small as a mustard seed,
but I really don't remember 
the mulberry tree part of this reading.
I think I would have looked
 at that tree a bit differently.
But, the mustard seed comparison
 that Jesus speaks of to his disciples- 
 is probably spot on for the picture of our faith.
Puny, minuscule, 
and hard to see most of the time.
But, the hope and promise here is very real.
That tiny bit of faith in Jesus
 has the power to uproot a mulberry tree
 and plant it by the sea.
That is nothing to shake off
 as futile or worthless.
 We pray for the Lord to increase our faith,
and He answers this prayer.
Imagine what we can move
 as we place our trust in HIM,
and the tiny seed grows....

Supplies:
Visual Church Year Margin
childrens-bulletin-luke-175
Watercolors
Magazine cutout
Washi tape 
Colored pencil
Fine-point Sharpie pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.