Thursday, April 8, 2021

Bloom Where You're Planted

 

I was digging violets out of the yard this afternoon. 

Walked under the deck to put away some plant stakes 

and spotted something bright yellow 

out of the corner of my eye.

The green plastic trash can with the bulbs

 we dug up last summer and dumped here to dry out.

I couldn't believe how beautiful 

they were reaching for sun, moisture 

and for someone to see them!

I had good intentions, really good intentions-

 to get them to my sweet neighbors to share last fall.

Then I was in Michigan helping out with grands 

and a move and a new baby.  And forgot...

Until today.

My neighbor Beth, was outside 
when I carried them to the front of the house.
So I showed her and couldn't help but comment-
"When the Lord of the Universe gives you just one job--
to bloom in the Spring- you just do it."
We split the blooms and about to blooms 
and I gave her the container of bulbs.
  She is probably way more trustworthy 
about getting them in the ground.
But, I kept thinking about those tenacious flowers.
Driven to bloom- no matter what.
Bloom where you are planted. 
Bloom even if you are not planted in the right place.
What a great reminder for me-- 
we may not be our preferred spot in life-
 BLOOM ANYWAY.
As I set my little vase of blooms 
on my kitchen window ledge, 
I was reminded how thankful 
I am that the Lord of the universe 
is in charge of the seasons and not me.



1 comment:

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.