Monday, April 19, 2021

Sleeping with Lilacs

 

Sleeping with Lilacs. 
It is that time of year. 
They are are here for such a short time.
I set a bouquet on the nightstand
 by the bed at night.
The scent wafts through my dreams.

Vases are filled and I carry them around 

to where I am working in the house.


The pollen is so high right now, I rinse them off 

when I bring them into the house.

So for these few days, I will carry them with me,

stop and smell,

 and plant that scent in my memory chip to recall 

till next year.


1 comment:

  1. Oh your lilacs are so beautiful! Do you have a lilac bush outside? I think I will go to my nursery and see if I can find some.. They look just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.