Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Bible Marginalia- Jesus Calls Matthew

 

Bible Marginalia- Jesus Calls Matthew
Matthew 9:9-13
When Jesus calls Matthew he says to him,
"Follow me."
Matthew responds immediately
 and gets up to follow Jesus.
Later, Jesus is reclining later at the table 
with many tax collectors and sinners. 
Quick to point this out are the Pharisees 
who questioned Jesus about the company he kept.
Jesus replied,
" Those who are well have no need of a physician,
 but those who are sick. Go and learn  what this means,
 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' 
For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Lord, we are all sinners 
and in need of a healer.
Help me to see just how much I need you-
that that I am no better than anyone else.
I need the Great physician in  my life.
Amen.


Supplies:
ESV Crossways Bible
Watercolors
VFM Printable
Sharpie Non-Bleeding pen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.