Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Worship into the Week- Look and Live

 

Worship into the Week-
Numbers 21:4-9

The Bronze Serpent

The people cried out that they were going through
 a harsh and miserable time.
Even the food the Lord provided was "worthless."
Pretty much a "woe is me" tragedy drama scene.
Well, it got worse.
Poisonous fiery serpents rained down upon them
 or just appeared on the land.
Oh, for crying out loud. 
And they did.
So they come to Moses and plead for his help.
Moses intercedes on their behalf to God.
God gives Moses a plan.
Moses makes a bronze serpent and sets it on a pole.
Notice- that God doesn't remove the snakes. 
He gives them a way of deliverance and protection.
They HAVE to look in the right direction to be saved.
 This generation will not see 
the Promised Land- like Moses.
Their lack of trust in the wilderness 
has a harsh response from God.
I am reminded of my own crying out
 in wilderness experiences.
Feeling abandoned and questioning
 the wisdom of God.
What happens when dreams and hopes 
of my own fade into the horizon?
Even in my worst failures and disappointments,
God has provided for me.
Yet, I too, have to look to HIM,
to Jesus and to the cross.
Keep my eyes on Jesus.


The Bronze Serpent on Mount Nebo
from one of our trips to Jordan.

Supplies:
Visual Faith Graphics
Worship into the Week Printables
Colored pencils
Magazine cutouts
Stamps








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.