Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bible Marginalia- Here I Am

Bible Marginalia Series- #50

This reading was on the cover
 of the worship folder this past Sunday.
Was not any of the selected readings in the service- 
but it is where I have ended up reading this week.

Times are challenging in Israel-
 Eli's household has not been God-fearing.
The nasty Philistines are just waiting for a fight.
The word of the Lord was rare in those days,
 there was no frequent vision.
Eli was old and Samuel was his helper.
The Lord did not have good news 
for Samuel to tell Eli.
 Eli had not been faithful.
The Lord would punish his house forever.


But, even as a young person, 
Samuel HEARD the LORD.
 He was the Lord's servant.
His heart was open for the Lord's leading.
A wonderful example for me
 to center prayer for 
a servant heart, that I may listen.
Open my heart, Lord, to hear you.
When I feel the need to use
 many words in prayer,
 remind me to also be a listener.

Supplies-
Toilet paper holder to make round circles
Venetian Gold  Metallic acrylic paint by Decorart
SMASH date stamp by K&C Company
Cobalt Archival Ink
Sharpie Fine point Marker-
(Non-bleeding has the silver stripe)
Colored pencils
 a Multiple colored pencil- ( not in photo)
Washi tape



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.