Friday, February 20, 2015

Bible Marginalia-In Community

Bible Marginalia Series- #64

This past weekend was a special
 birthday celebration-
for me.
One of the highlights was getting
 a bit of time to do some 
Bible Journaling together.
Three daughters and their momma.
(Above photo does not show
 the same verse page in our Bibles.)

The card they gave me
 had this verse in it.
1 Peter 3:4
The margin in my Bible already had a verse 
on the page so I decided to add an insert,
with washi tape.
Used magazine cut outs for this page-
 made with a Sizzix.
 (I keep some ready to go in a ziplock Baggie)

The margin work of middle daughter.
Target and Staples tabs.
Prismacolor pencils.
Washi tape and White signo pen.



Daughter #3
Love the arrows.
Floating banners.


Work of oldest daughter.
Prismacolor pencils
Added some watercolor highlights.

It is amazing how God's Word works.
We read the same verse.
Hear different emphasis.
See different visual images that make it-
a part of our heart prayer.
We prayed this verse into our lives.


So, we talked about the verse as we worked.
What words stood out.
Some had the words PRECIOUS in their version.
 I had of GREAT WORTH IN GOD'S SIGHT.
We liked them both.
I later went back 
and wrote the word PRECIOUS
all around the flower on my page.

There is something that happens 
when sharing Bible Journaling in a group-
in COMMUNITY.
There's ACCOUTABILITY-
actually taking the time.
There's ENCOURAGEMENT-
for a design choice,
and to make time 
for the spiritual discipline
There's SHARED INSIGHTS-
when reading and talking
TOGETHER.
 There's gathered
 EXPERIENCE
and SUPPLIES.

Most of the time-
 I love my quiet, seclusive Bible 
Journaling moments.
But, if you haven't tried it....
find a group, gather a group,
start a group....
at your church-
or 
in your home,
with your neighbors
and friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.