Sunday, October 16, 2016

When Hope anchors the Soul


Watching the wind blow 
the grasses this time of year.
 Hope sometimes feels
 as elusive as the wind.
It comes and goes.  
 Sometimes it bends deep to the ground.
But... even on those days of wondering-
 my hope is built on nothing less.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
 Edward Mote- 1797-1874


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.