Thursday, June 6, 2019

Worship into the Week-Before the World

Worship into the Week-
The High Priestly Prayer
 John 17

A conversation between Jesus and His Father.
One that the disciples were overhearing.
A bit of praise,
review, foretelling.
Jesus recounting that His Father has loved him
 before the foundation of the world.
And so He has loved me.
I get caught in my realm 
of tangible now and present tense.
Forgetting that the realm of time moves
 in dimensions that I cannot fathom.
 I have to forget that my reality in time 
and space gets readjusted
 when it comes to God and His plan of time.
Everything about that and how Jesus fits
 into the scheme of things defies
 all of my expectations.
All of my finite measurements
 just don't fit His scale.  
Jesus lived his life to bring 
His father glory and to make HIM known.
In ways beyond my understanding -
 before the foundation of the world.
Something to learn here.
A prayer that moves across known time
 to bring to me the blessing 
of the fullness of the goodness of God.
Reaching right into eternity 
with an expansive inclusiveness
 that does include me-
even now.

Supplies:
Visual Church Year
Colored pencils
Junk mail
Sharpie pen






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.