Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Pressed Down

So I don't know if this is true for anyone else.
 The pansies start to droop in the
 heat of summer here in Virginia.
Time to replant pots. 
But, I cannot throw in the trash 
the last few remaining blooms.
 They looked a bit ragged when I finally
 got to snipping them off.
 I pulled down the remaining phone book
 that I keep just for pressing flowers.
Flipping through to find a good spot -
 I found the pansies pressed from last year.
I added this year's petals.  
One week later here they are together. 
I am not really sure what 
happens with them next.
They will end up on something
 in a collage of sorts.
But whenever I do this pressing of flowers-
 it always makes me think 
of this section of Scripture.
Luke 6:36-38
36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.
37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not,
 and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;
 38 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down,
 shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap.
 For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Oh, Lord, may these petals that are flattened 
at the end of their life be a reminder to give freely. 
Even at the end- they still give.
The blessings are far more than I can imagine.
 Your rich grace, mercy and love are simply available to me-
poured right into my lap.
How great is this goodness to me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.