Monday, August 12, 2019

3000 Days

August 11, 2019 was the 3000th day
 of Counting Gifts.
That is about 8 years, 2 months 
and some odd days ago.
I have to admit that when I started this practice -
I really never had any idea
 of the future longevity of it all.
Perhaps I had started so many things
 that just fell by the wayside,
 I couldn't picture keeping up with something.
But, the weeks just kept rolling along,
into months.
Time to update 
and add new pages for the new year.
And another new year.
Till yesterday.
There is no special prize for the 3000th day.
Just an amazing blessing to look back
 and see the counting of the gifts, 
days after day, week after week, 
month after month, year after year.
Because HE is faithful.


Psalm 36:5
Your steadfast love, O Lord,
extends to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.


2 comments:

  1. My small Wednesday night group will put together their journals during the weeks of October and begin counting their gifts in November.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.