Saturday, September 5, 2020

Worship into the Week- Gain and Forfeit

Worship into the Week-
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
Matthew 16: 24-28

I have always put this section of Scripture together
 with  the TobyMac song- Lose My Soul.
I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul,
Don't wanna walk away, let me hear the people say.
I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul,
Don't wanna walk away, let me hear the people say.
Don't wanna walk away.


v.26 For what will it profit a man if he gains
 the whole world and forfeits his soul?

We sometimes banter and bargain 
with God wondering if we have given enough.
I complain when the journey
 of carrying a cross gets too challenging.
Or look for a way to simplify.
It is not easy to deny ourselves.
But, Jesus wants all of us.  
He gave no less than that for me.
That certainly gives me something
 to be in constant prayer about with Jesus.
His invitation to "Follow Me"
 sounds simple, but demands everything we have.
But, how wonderful to be invited on the journey.

Supplies:
Visual Church Year Printable
childrens-bulletin-matthew-1624-25-83020
Ephemera 
Colored pencils
Magazine cutouts



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.