Friday, February 5, 2021

Spirit Nudges

 

I made a sweet friend in ministry days. 

She came to a Bible Journaling Retreat in November 2015.

She contacted me a few weeks later asking

 if we could set up a time to talk. We began a few calls,

she came to my house for a one day retreat. 

I went up to the church where she served in ministry.

I learned of her battle with cancer

 and was an encourager from afar.

This past November I woke up

 with a very strong "Spirit nudge" 

to pray specifically for her.

 I made her this prayer card and sent it.

I keep a copy of prayers 

to be able to continue the prayer.


Today we were working on some things 
with the Friends of Visual Faith Ministry on our website.
 Jessica and her Bible Girl Podcasts
 have been listed on our website.
As I clicked through on Jessica's site
 I came across her obituary.
I sat stunned and in disbelief.
I hadn't know her last days were so numbered.
I have thought about all the conversations
 I had hoped to have,
 the books we were to talk about yet.
I saw that a favorite author of mine
 had become hers- Ruth Haley Barton.
She had read the books I had suggested.

This sweet friend is dancing in heaven.
A woman of faith who loved Jesus
 and loved others.
  Once again, I am reminded 
that when I feel a
 "Spirit Nudge" for prayer, 
I MUST pay attention. 
Listen carefully....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.