Monday, February 14, 2022

A Bit of Heart

 


Somewhere along the line I fell in love with Valentines.
Maybe it has something to do with 
a birthday that falls the day before.
Doesn't matter anymore- 
as I have been and still am- all out for hearts,
and all the sentimental trappings.
Vintage postcards, German 3-D cards,
handmade collages, doilies, crochet-edged hankies,
and even my grade school Valentines.
I'll take it all and it brings delight
 right up till Spring is unveiled.
Enjoy the trappings of the heart.
A mini quilt made 35 years ago, a button card
 and a handprinted wood circle made by a friend.
A mixed media collage project.

Made in Germany- 3 D cards
The tissue paper on these is pretty delicate
 and to preserve them, I display them standing flat.

A favorite neutral decor flat canvas
that I made a few years back.
A great vintage book.
A great reminder of why Valentine's day
 is such a reminder that Jesus is Love.

Key to my Heart.
Valentines saved from my grade school friends.


A collection of favorite Valentine pieces
 brought together  in collage.
Heart florist vases and a bit of hand crochet lace.

Our Hearts take hold on thee.
Valentine spoolies, old postcards and some 
ceramic lace hearts from a daughter's wedding.
Always fun to see the hearts come together.
Hope you have a sentimental journey
 this Valentines's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.